Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change text qualifier from double quote?

In some cases data which I copy and paste into Excel contains double quote as
first character, Excel in this case treats tab delimiters as part of the
cell value and puts the whole string into one cell. In absense of double
quote it will use delimiters to parse text and put inot the multiple cells.
Is there a way to replace default text qualifier " with something else?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any chance that opening the text file in a text editor and changing the double
quotes to an unused character (maybe |) and then importing that would work?

Then you could import the data and edit|Replace the | with what you
want--nothing or double quotes.

Might be worth a try.

--

Dave Peterson