Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I insert content of a2 into text string in b2 and so on?

In my spreadsheet I have a number in A2 and on down in the column. In B2 I
have the path of the location of my image files. The path (C:\Documents and
Settings\default\Desktop\New SOS Work Station\Images\Fishing\filename.jpg) is
missing the image filename, which is the number in A2. The numbers in column
A are formatted as text so that the leading "0" is kept intacked. I need to,
somehow, insert the filename(number) into the correct location in the text in
cell B2. Then I need to be able to have this happen on down the line of
records until the records end.
Help!!!!
Allenc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Allenc,

Seems you could use =Left($B$2,'however many characters & spaces') & A1 &
Right($B$2,'however many characters & spaces') and fill down as far as
needed. Then do a copy and paste special values to git rid of the
formulas.

HTH
Regards,
Howard