Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alyssa

Default Can I sort values only & leave orginal cell formatting?

I have alternating rows of 'no fill' (white) & 'pattern fill' (grey) cells.
I want to sort rows according to surnames but leave the formatting as is. Is
this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Yes, but not with regular formatting, remove the formatting you have
then select from the first to the last cell (so if the first that you want
blank or no colour is A2 and the last is A50 select that range), do
formatconditional formatting, formula is and use

=MOD(ROW(1:1),2)=0

now click the format button and select patterns, select grey and click OK
twice
Sort until the cows come home and it stays the same

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)