Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Daily Reports

I am try to design a daily report to use very day in our operations. I want
to be able to fill in the numbers from one day and save the data and on the
next start the report again blank. Basically starting every day with the data
from only that day. I was able to do this at another company with a report
someone else had written using Visual Basic. Can Excel do the same?

Thanks

Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Scott W wrote:
I am try to design a daily report to use very day in our operations. I want
to be able to fill in the numbers from one day and save the data and on the
next start the report again blank. Basically starting every day with the data
from only that day. I was able to do this at another company with a report
someone else had written using Visual Basic. Can Excel do the same?

Thanks

Scott

yes - save the sheet as a template and just open it as a new document
each day.....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

same thing with me, i made a template and saved it under my templates but i
dont know how to actually use it on my computer in 2007 no little buttong to
download it or anything. I really hate office 2007 but guess Im going to have
to get used to it
--
thank! Lis

"Scott W" wrote:

I am try to design a daily report to use very day in our operations. I want
to be able to fill in the numbers from one day and save the data and on the
next start the report again blank. Basically starting every day with the data
from only that day. I was able to do this at another company with a report
someone else had written using Visual Basic. Can Excel do the same?

Thanks

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lisa wrote:
same thing with me, i made a template and saved it under my templates but i
dont know how to actually use it on my computer in 2007 no little buttong to
download it or anything. I really hate office 2007 but guess Im going to have
to get used to it

Well the way templates work in Office 2007 is no different to prior
versions - if you have created or downloaded a template and saved it in
your templates, simply go to Open, select the template, and make sure
the "Create New Document" radio button at the bottom right-hand side of
the dialog box is selected. (It should be selected by default...)