SPBaku

Default How do I get relative/absolute reference button (macros)

I am lazy and like to record macros but I lost the little button that
switches from absolute to relative references how do I get it back?
Annie

Hello "SPBaku",
You can assign a macro to an option button in Excel- see article from
microsoft:

If you had customized a toolbar to include an icon that ran the macro, you
will have to recreate it by choosing Tools, Customize. On the Commands tab,
scroll to and click Macros under categories, then drag the custom button to a
toolbar. With the customize box still open, right-click the icon, choose
Assign Macro, locate your macro and click it, then choose OK. Close the
customize dialog box.

Did you ever simply try using the F4 key to switch absolute and relative
addresses? After typing the cell address that should have an absolute (or
mixed relative and absolute address) within your formula, immediately press
the F4 key.
Pressing F4 once makes row and column absolute.
Press F4 again, and just the row reference becomes absolute.
Press F4 again, and just the column reference becomes absolute.
Press F4 again, and you return to normal relative reference
If you continue to press F4, the reference settings cycle.

Hope something here is helpful.
Cheers,
Annie