Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to print selected rows of database

I have a large database that I have sorted and selected out data that meets
certain criteria and want to print the culled out set. The database has page
breaks included which remain in the culled set but aren't wanted and cause
the printing to print a few records and then hit a page break causing the
print out to be many pages longer than what is viewed on the screen. How can
I print just the view on the screen without the embedded page breaks without
deleting the page breaks from the data set as they have functionality when
the whole data set is viewed?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

When you say sorted and culled out, do you mean filtered?
If that is the case you should be able to copy and paste the
filter into a new sheet and print from there.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Martin for the response
It is filtered. I have tried to copy the filtered data on the screen and
paste it into a new sheet but the page breaks come along for the ride. If I
try a paste special values only, I lose all the formating information column
widths, word wrap etc.
Bob

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Bob,

When you say sorted and culled out, do you mean filtered?
If that is the case you should be able to copy and paste the
filter into a new sheet and print from there.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,

Are you perhaps using select all or ctrl+a to select yout data?
If you just highlight the cells you want you shouldn't be getting
any other baggage with it. AFAIK.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am selecting the upper left cell and lower right cell of the filtered data
set which is maybe 30 rows out of a 3000 row data set. The problem seems to
be just associated with the page breaks that are embedded in the 3000 row
data set that come along when I don't want them, the rest of teh filtered
rows aren't showing up in the print out.
Bob

"MartinW" wrote:

Bob,

Are you perhaps using select all or ctrl+a to select yout data?
If you just highlight the cells you want you shouldn't be getting
any other baggage with it. AFAIK.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never struck that problem before Bob. So I'm not really
sure what is happening.

After you have pasted into the new sheet, have you tried going
to ViewPage Break Preview and dragging the page breaks into line.

Just a thought
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I tried F5 as noted but it takes me to the Go To page. I don't see anything
to click on for visible cells only?

Bob