Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJ PJ is offline

Default merged cells

I have a large block of merged cells that is set up to wrap, but not all of
the text will appear... even when there is plenty of room remaining in the
cell. What do I do?
--
pj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Although you can place upto 37,767 characters in a cell, Excel limits the
display to 1,024 characters.

You can view more than 1,024 if you use <Alt + Enter to insert line breaks
in the cell, instead of letting it word wrap.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann

"PJ" wrote:

I have a large block of merged cells that is set up to wrap, but not all of
the text will appear... even when there is plenty of room remaining in the
cell. What do I do?
--
pj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJ PJ is offline

Thank you for the info. While fooling with it, I found out about the
Alt/enter, so I wondered if there was some other "secret". Even though I
would have rather had a "solution", it is still very good to know my limit!
Thanks again & have a good weekend!
--
pj