Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcus Ricci

Default Can I rotate data in Excel table (rows to columns, and vv)?

Is there a way - without using PivotTable - to rotate data in an Excel table:
rows become columns and columns become rows? I wouldn't mind cutting and
pasting, or macros, or anything else.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LPS

You can try using the Edit | Paste Sepcial |Transpose featu

1. Select and copy the data you want to transpose
2. Position the cell pointer in the first destination cell
3. Select Edit | Paste Special | Transpose

What was a column should now be a row and vice versa.

Cheers,
--
LPS

"Marcus Ricci" wrote:

Is there a way - without using PivotTable - to rotate data in an Excel table:
rows become columns and columns become rows? I wouldn't mind cutting and
pasting, or macros, or anything else.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Depending on the number of rows you're using--since there's only 256 columns to
work with.

Select your range to Transpose.
find a nice open spot that doesn't touch that original range (a new sheet???)
Edit|paste special|check the Transpose box and hit ok.

Marcus Ricci wrote:

Is there a way - without using PivotTable - to rotate data in an Excel table:
rows become columns and columns become rows? I wouldn't mind cutting and
pasting, or macros, or anything else.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Highlight the area covered by your table, then <copy, then move the
cursor away from your table where you want the new table to be, then
Edit | Paste Special | Transpose (near the bottom) then OK <esc.

Your could then delete your first table if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

There's also a worksheet function you could use:

=transpose()

Say you want to transpose A1:B5, you could select C1:G2 and type:
=transpose(a1:b5)
but hit shift-ctrl-enter to do the work.

Marcus Ricci wrote:

Is there a way - without using PivotTable - to rotate data in an Excel table:
rows become columns and columns become rows? I wouldn't mind cutting and
pasting, or macros, or anything else.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcus Ricci

you guys are PHENOMENAL!

i remember the "paste special" transpose function now, but had forgotten it.
i didn't know about the worksheet transpose function, though. it's a shame
that it doesn't show in the help section under "rotate data" or "rotate
table", but only under "transpose." it really IS all about language, even in
numbers.

marcus

Marcus Ricci wrote:

Is there a way - without using PivotTable - to rotate data in an Excel table:
rows become columns and columns become rows? I wouldn't mind cutting and
pasting, or macros, or anything else.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there a way to rotate info from a range for example:

10 134 - 1205 2.72 CELL1 FALSE FALSE
10 134 - 1402 0.12 CELL1 FALSE FALSE
into a single row where the info from above will display as follow