-   -   split print area in excel - One Page Print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209877-split-print-area-excel-one-page-print.html)

Cyhill

split print area in excel - One Page Print

Is it possible to print two ranges in excel to one page. For example...in my
report template, I would like to print cells A164:P176,A201:P233 on one page.

The info between this range is not needed in the printed document, but must
remain visable on the soft copy. It is used for dynamic selections and takes
up too much room for user friendly printing.

Bernard Liengme

split print area in excel - One Page Print

Use a separate "print-only" sheet with formulas such as
=Sheet1!A164 , etc
Now this sheet will hold all the data you want printed
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cyhill" wrote in message
Is it possible to print two ranges in excel to one page. For example...in
my
report template, I would like to print cells A164:P176,A201:P233 on one
page.

The info between this range is not needed in the printed document, but
must
remain visable on the soft copy. It is used for dynamic selections and
takes
up too much room for user friendly printing.

ShaneDevenshire

split print area in excel - One Page Print

Hi,

In your example its a piece of cake! Hide the rows 177:200, then print.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Cyhill" wrote:

Is it possible to print two ranges in excel to one page. For example...in my
report template, I would like to print cells A164:P176,A201:P233 on one page.

The info between this range is not needed in the printed document, but must
remain visable on the soft copy. It is used for dynamic selections and takes
up too much room for user friendly printing.

Cyhill

split print area in excel - One Page Print

Bernard / Shane thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunatly, I don't think
either will work for my needs. A little more detail on what I'm tryin to
accomplish might help.

I have developed a dynamic report template in excel which allows users to
select certain employee groups and displays the necessary info based on their
selections.

I am trying to exclude the section where the selections are made as it takes
up a lot of space, and contains detail that is not needed in a final printed
report. That being said, I'm trying to have excel print a smaller summary of
the selections made displaying only the data that might be helpful (which is
the range A164:P176).

If I create a separate print tab, all the users would need to know they make
selections on one tab, and print on another. Also, if they try to print the
full workbook, both tabs on the same subject would print.

Also, having them hide the section where selections are made wouldn't work
either.

Is their any other way to have a polished end user report print separate
ranges on one tab. Any options in the Page setup, or suggestions on how to
code this in VBA?