Mike -Z-

Default create space in line chart between points, linked to pivot table

I would like to insert a space between two data points in a chart that is
linked to a pivot table. In Excel versions earlier thatn 2003 I could
accomplish this by clicking the seris, clicking again the area of the line
for removal. Then from the top menu select format, selected data point,
line, none, okay. The line connecting the consecutive data points would be
removed. In Excel 2003 following the same procedure the line is removed but
then shifts to the next available dat point. The only way I have found to
accomplish the desired affect is to break the link with the pivot table.
This is not acceptable if new data is generated and refreshed in the pivot
table. The non linked graph will not be updated.
Debra Dalgleish

You could format the line in the same colour as the background, so it's
still there, but not visible.

If the chart is refreshed, the formatting will be lost. You can create a
macro to refresh and reformat the chart as required.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List