kkrebs

Default Counting a Filtered List

I would like to know if there is a way to count the cells in a filtered list.
I have a spreadsheet that has 107 rows that has salespersonnel associated to
some rows. What I want to do is filter the list by the salespersonnel and
then count how many rows are shown.

Thank you!

Kim
Anne Troy

Why not use the subtotals feature instead? That's what it's for. :)
You can choose COUNT instead of SUM.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"kkrebs" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a way to count the cells in a filtered
list.
I have a spreadsheet that has 107 rows that has salespersonnel associated
some rows. What I want to do is filter the list by the salespersonnel and
then count how many rows are shown.

Thank you!

Kim

Anne Troy

Cooool. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"kkrebs" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a way to count the cells in a filtered
list.
I have a spreadsheet that has 107 rows that has salespersonnel
associated
some rows. What I want to do is filter the list by the salespersonnel
and
then count how many rows are shown.

Thank you!

Kim

petevang

One way to do it would be go ahead and filter the data on one worksheet,
then copy your filtered data to a new worksheet. Once you copy to a new
worksheet you should be able to view your data the way you want it.

--
petevang
petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25034

tkaplan

if data is in col a rows 2 through 108 and salespersonnel is in col B:

put this formula in any cell:
=COUNTIF(B2:B108,"=Sam Brown")

You can exchange Same Brown with the name you are looking for.

hth

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987