Bonnie

Default can I move data from workbook A to B using a conditional formula

I need to create a list of "life" members only from a master list. Is it
possible to set up a conditional formula that checks for a specific value in
a cell and if yes can move several fields ( i.e. name, address etc) to make a
seperate list of just so that I just have the info of the "life" members to
print up?
JulieD

Hi

formulas can't move data - for this you need code, however an easier
approach might be to use data / filter / autofilter to "hide" the members
you don't want to see and print out those you do.
(click in your list, choose data / filter / autofilter, click on the little
arrow at the top of a column that defines the type of member, choose "life"
and the others will be hidden so this list can be printed - to get them
back, click on the drop down arrow again and choose "all")

check out www.contextures.com/tiptech.html for more details on use filters.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Bonnie" wrote in message
I need to create a list of "life" members only from a master list. Is it
possible to set up a conditional formula that checks for a specific value
in
a cell and if yes can move several fields ( i.e. name, address etc) to
make a
seperate list of just so that I just have the info of the "life" members
print up?

Srohara

I have someone in my group who wants to be able to do exactly this, but not
just for printing out a sheet, but to create different spreadsheets that are
broken out by city. Is there a simple code to do this for the Excel
challanged? We're trying to avoid having to go through and manually do this
each time it needs doing.

Thanks,
Sherry