Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save, save as, page setup dimmed out in unprotected excel sheet?

For some reason, all of the sudden whenever I open anything in Excel (or
start a new Workbook for that matter), several items are always grayed out.
On the toolbar, the Save and Print buttons are both gray and I can only print
through Print Preview. On the File Menu, the selections for Save, Save As,
Page Setup, Print Preview, Print Area, and Print are all grayed out. Why
would this suddenly happen. I am not working with any protected sheets or
workbooks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you ran into an excel file that wanted those items disabled--and the
developer didn't reset things when that workbook closed (or when you changed
workbooks).

I'd try resetting the toolbar.
In xl2003:
Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
select the worksheet menu bar
and click the Reset button.

You will have to rebuild any customized changes to that toolbar, though.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The real bad news is that the problem could come back--when you open that
workbook with the misbehaving macro.

The next time, you may notice when it happens so you can ask the developer to
look at the problem.