Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default converting continuous data into binary data

Hi.

I was wondering is there is any way for me to convert a list of numbers into
another list of numbers giving me a return of either 1 or 0 depending on
whether the original number was above or below a certain limit. Say if my
numbers were from 0 to 9 and I decide to set the limit at 5 I would get a
list of 0s where the original number was below 5 and 1s where the original
was 5 or more.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the swift reply :)

However, that only returns a #NAME? message in the cell (well assuming it's
name in english, it's navn in danish). Am I doing something wrong?

Ta

"Toppers" skrev:

=N(A1=5)

"Asa_johannesen" wrote:

Hi.

I was wondering is there is any way for me to convert a list of numbers into
another list of numbers giving me a return of either 1 or 0 depending on
whether the original number was above or below a certain limit. Say if my
numbers were from 0 to 9 and I decide to set the limit at 5 I would get a
list of 0s where the original number was below 5 and 1s where the original
was 5 or more.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, that worked :)

"Toppers" skrev:

try:

in B1:

=(A1=5)*1

"Asa_johannesen" wrote:

Thanks for the swift reply :)

However, that only returns a #NAME? message in the cell (well assuming it's
name in english, it's navn in danish). Am I doing something wrong?

Ta

"Toppers" skrev:

=N(A1=5)