Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Limit to string length in search@replace?

There appears to be a limit to how long a search string can be (I
think it's 256 chars). It may also be when using vlookup. I can't
copy and paste a long string into the search field. (Find or
Replace).

what can you do if you are searching for exact strings in a sheet,
that are more than 256 chars?

Thanks