Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If statement linking data from one sheet to another

I have a spreadsheet with many tabs. I am trying to develop a summery sheet
that will €˜auto fill certain rows of data and still remain dynamic.

What I am doing: in Column I, I have a number; I want this to be the row
number for finding the data in the other worksheet. I have If Statements in
Columns A thru E for filling the data if Column I has a number in it. If
Column I is empty then nothing appears. Formula is:

=IF(I53 < "","=+Agency Reallocation data!D&I53","")

But, when I use this formula I get =+Agency Reallocation data!D&I53
Can someone help me make the formula work so that when Column has a positive
integer in it the formula will get the correct data. Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=IF(I530,INDIRECT("'+Agency Reallocation data'!D" & I53),"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Mathew" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with many tabs. I am trying to develop a summery sheet
that will €˜auto fill certain rows of data and still remain dynamic.

What I am doing: in Column I, I have a number; I want this to be the row
number for finding the data in the other worksheet. I have If Statements in
Columns A thru E for filling the data if Column I has a number in it. If
Column I is empty then nothing appears. Formula is:

=IF(I53 < "","=+Agency Reallocation data!D&I53","")

But, when I use this formula I get =+Agency Reallocation data!D&I53
Can someone help me make the formula work so that when Column has a positive
integer in it the formula will get the correct data. Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reg Reg is offline

I dont know if this is a fix because I am not sure what you are trying to
achieve but
your quotes are around too much of the data if you are intending to return
the value form the 'agency' sheet.

The only quoted element should be the name of the sheet:-
=IF(I53 < "",'Agency Reallocation data'!D&I53,"")

However, The D&I53 also looks dodgy. I *think* what you are trying to
achieve is:-

=IF(A1 < "",INDEX('Agency Reallocation data'!D:D,A1,1),"")

this looks up (index function) the content of an array ('Agency Reallocation
data'!D:D), starting at row (a1) and colum 1 (ie the first column in the
array)

hth

RegMigrant