Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Format data Sheet size?

I am working in Excel 2007 (beta)
I have created my sheet and was able to remove sheets 2 & 3 which I don't
need.
I would like to trim the size of the sheet and only print the contents of my
data but do not know how to remove the excess columns/rows which mae up a
full Excel sheet.
Is there a way of saving my sheet with only the cells I have data in
compacting my sheet for future reference without the extra cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not sure about Excel 2007 but try hitting Ctrl and End to find the last used
cell. then delete (not clear contents, delete) all the columns to the right
of the last used column and all the rows below the last used row. Save, exit
and re-open,
Regards,
Alan.
"pippin" wrote in message
I am working in Excel 2007 (beta)
I have created my sheet and was able to remove sheets 2 & 3 which I don't
need.
I would like to trim the size of the sheet and only print the contents of
my
data but do not know how to remove the excess columns/rows which mae up a
full Excel sheet.
Is there a way of saving my sheet with only the cells I have data in
compacting my sheet for future reference without the extra cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not got 2007, but does this actually remove the columns ?
Are you saying when you open it afterwards it actually has less the the
default columns/rows ?

--
Steve (3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I will try this soon as I don't have the computer on just now with 2007
installed.
I was trying to find a way of getting to the end of the sheet but didn't
think to use ctrl-end. I have kept backups along the way to be sure I always
have something.
Still trying to find an article where I read about a similar issue.

Thanks for the help will test later.

"pippin" wrote in message
I am working in Excel 2007 (beta)
I have created my sheet and was able to remove sheets 2 & 3 which I
don't
need.
I would like to trim the size of the sheet and only print the contents
of
my
data but do not know how to remove the excess columns/rows which mae up
full Excel sheet.
Is there a way of saving my sheet with only the cells I have data in
compacting my sheet for future reference without the extra cells?

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

All the columns and rows will still be there but they will be empty. What
happens is that if you enter a value in a cell way down the sheet say in
D60000 and then delete that value, Excel will still think that the last used
cell is D6000 so the file size will be that much larger. By finding the last
actual used cell and deleting all the rows below it and columns to the right
of it the file size will reduce, sometimes dramaticlly after it's saved,
Regards,
Alan.