Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Read SQLLite3 .DB files?

Hi,

I'm trying to read some SQLLite3 .DB-files, from VBA, but it just turns up
rubbish?
I've tried both with the normal read text-file method and using
FileSystemObject textstream, but the text is just not readable???

Funny thing is that if I open the .DB-file in Notepad, everything looks fine
and readable???
Some search on the net reveals that it apparrently has to do with the YTF-8
format of the .DB-file.

But the FileSyatemObject has a flag for reading UFT-8, and yet I can't read
it?!?

Can anybody help???

Thanks in advance...

CE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I'm trying to read some SQLLite3 .DB-files, from VBA, but it just
turns up
rubbish?
I've tried both with the normal read text-file method and using
FileSystemObject textstream, but the text is just not readable???

Funny thing is that if I open the .DB-file in Notepad, everything
looks fine
and readable???
Some search on the net reveals that it apparrently has to do with the
YTF-8
format of the .DB-file.

But the FileSyatemObject has a flag for reading UFT-8, and yet I
can't read
it?!?

Can anybody help???

Thanks in advance...

CE

Have you tried ADODB?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Best way to do this is via the VB wrapper from Olaf Schmidt, vbRichClient5.
Can download he
http://www.vbrichclient.com/#/en/About/

RBS

"Charlotte E." wrote in message

I'm trying to read some SQLLite3 .DB-files, from VBA, but it just turns up
rubbish?
I've tried both with the normal read text-file method and using
FileSystemObject textstream, but the text is just not readable???

Funny thing is that if I open the .DB-file in Notepad, everything looks
fine
and readable???
Some search on the net reveals that it apparrently has to do with the
YTF-8
format of the .DB-file.

But the FileSyatemObject has a flag for reading UFT-8, and yet I can't
read
it?!?

Can anybody help???

Thanks in advance...

CE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Best way to do this is via the VB wrapper from Olaf Schmidt,
vbRichClient5.
Can download he
http://www.vbrichclient.com/#/en/About/

Perhaps not the "Best way" in this case! I have Olaf's package but
never used it for accessing data with VBA since it requires shipping a
dependancy. (This may also require registering if not using Olaf's
method of running DLLs reg-free in VBA projects!<g) This is not a bad
thing if a VBA project consists of more than 1 file anyway, but most
are a single workbook (which may or may not be shared over a network)!

Otherwise, the MS ActiveX Data Objects libs install with Windows and so
already exist on host machines. Also, there's loads of code samples
available using both the JET or ACE providers to work with databases
from/in Excel. JET works with both early/late versions of MSO, ACE only
works with v12 and later.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure, there are drawbacks, but it is faster and you have more
options.

RBS

I agree, so long as the project isn't restricted to a single file<g!

Read Only files JT Excel Programming 1 May 8th 09 05:29 PM
Read From Files Jeff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 3rd 08 08:29 PM
Shared files - read only on the fly Wanda Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 September 26th 07 04:20 PM
read only files Delores Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 27th 06 02:12 AM
Files Created By One Are Read-Only To Others vilja Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 8th 06 02:55 PM