Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WTG

Default Forced return??

Hi Me again :)

I'm looking for help on a wrapped cell.

I have cell a1 on sheet1 that reads

14140, Al Cat, 456 notre dame ave, (456) 456 5613

I use Vlookup to bring it into cell B2 on sheet4. it's a wrapped cell
and I'd like it to show the following:

14140,
Al Cat,
456 notre dame ave,
(456) 456 561

But it doesn't :(

Is there a way to force a return between each group so it will do
this?

Thanks for the help

Wally

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Is each part a separate VLOOKUP? If so you could use something like

=vlookup_formula_1&CHAR(10)&vlookup_formula_2&CHAR (10)&...

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"WTG" wrote in message
Hi Me again :)

I'm looking for help on a wrapped cell.

I have cell a1 on sheet1 that reads

14140, Al Cat, 456 notre dame ave, (456) 456 5613

I use Vlookup to bring it into cell B2 on sheet4. it's a wrapped cell
and I'd like it to show the following:

14140,
Al Cat,
456 notre dame ave,
(456) 456 561

But it doesn't :(

Is there a way to force a return between each group so it will do
this?

Thanks for the help

Wally

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

Hi Wally,
Change the commas in your original data to the equivalent of comma & CHAR(10)

Select Column A
Ctrl+H (change)
from: "," (comma , space without the quotes)
to (type the comma then ALT+0010 on the numeric keypad)

You might splitt the original data into separate columns and use separate VLOOKUPs
and then you can use Mail Merge and make more practical use of Excel.

You might want to maintain an original column and a column split into separate
lines within a cell using a user defined function, then you can take your choice.
Or a macro, depending on how you are creating and maintaining your data)
---
HTH,

"WTG" wrote in message ...
Hi Me again :)

I'm looking for help on a wrapped cell.

I have cell a1 on sheet1 that reads

14140, Al Cat, 456 notre dame ave, (456) 456 5613

I use Vlookup to bring it into cell B2 on sheet4. it's a wrapped cell
and I'd like it to show the following:

14140,
Al Cat,
456 notre dame ave,
(456) 456 561

But it doesn't :(

Is there a way to force a return between each group so it will do
this?

Thanks for the help

Wally

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WTG

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:55:30 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Is each part a separate VLOOKUP? If so you could use something like

=vlookup_formula_1&CHAR(10)&vlookup_formula_2&CHA R(10)&...

On my data sheet I have three cels invoice #, description, amount

on my invoice sheet, the first cell in my invoice # the second & third
are vlookups off the invoice #

one my data sheet the second cell is just a long list of information
simular to my last posting. it dosen't need to by neet or readable.

But on my invoice sheet I set the second cell to wrap, and I want each
section of information to be on it's own line so it looks nice and is
readable for the customer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You could add another cell and format it there

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",CHAR(10))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips