Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Divide 2 pivot table numbers

I'm summing several columns of data in a pivot table with multiple rows. Is
it possible to set up the pivot table to also display the division of 2 cells
of data in the same row. I want to view the summed values and also see the %
value in a separate column. Is it possible to get the % Shipped calucalted
as part of the pivot table set up in the example below?

Sales Team Sales Ordered Sales Shipped % Shipped
Salesperson 1 $30,000 $25,000 83.3%
Salesperson 2 $15,000 $10,000 66.7%
Salesperson 3 $50,000 $35,000 70.0%

Thanks
Dan
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Divide 2 pivot table numbers

Yes, it is possible to set up the pivot table to display the division of 2 cells of data in the same row. Here are the steps to add the % Shipped column to your pivot table:
  1. Select the pivot table and go to the "PivotTable Analyze" or "Options" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Fields, Items & Sets" and select "Calculated Field".
  3. In the "Name" field, enter "% Shipped" or any other name you prefer.
  4. In the "Formula" field, enter "= Sales Shipped / Sales Ordered".
  5. Click "Add" and then "OK".
  6. The new calculated field will be added to the pivot table as a new column.

Now you should see the % Shipped column in your pivot table, which displays the division of Sales Shipped by Sales Ordered for each salesperson. The % Shipped column will automatically update as you make changes to the pivot table.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Understood, but I'm trying to get the calculation to work within the pivot
table set up. I don't want to maintain a calculated field for %. It
prevents me from using the Chart Wizard capabilities for a pivot table. It
also means that as new rows of data are added (or old ones removed), I need
to keep maintaining the % calculation fields. I thought there might be a
way of setting it up using the "Options" button for a selected data element
within the pivot table Layout but I can't seem to get it to work.

"DANM" wrote in message
I'm summing several columns of data in a pivot table with multiple rows.
Is
it possible to set up the pivot table to also display the division of 2
cells
of data in the same row. I want to view the summed values and also see
the %
value in a separate column. Is it possible to get the % Shipped
calucalted
as part of the pivot table set up in the example below?

Sales Team Sales Ordered Sales Shipped % Shipped
Salesperson 1 $30,000 $25,000 83.3%
Salesperson 2 $15,000 $10,000 66.7%
Salesperson 3 $50,000 $35,000 70.0%

Thanks
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Fred is suggesting a calculated field within the pivot table:

Select a cell in the pivot table
On the Pivot table toolbar, click PivotTableFormulasCalculated Field
Type a name for the field, e.g. PctShipped
Enter the formula, e.g.: =Shipped/Ordered
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures