Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mo Mo is offline

Default Inexperienced Use Need Help

We have a previous version of an Excel file that had the top 2 lines of the
spreadsheet stationery where the rest scrolled. We now uploaded the file to
our new computer with Office 2007 & can't figure out how to get the
additional sheets we added to do the same. When we got it to work (we
thought), we ended up with lines showing on the grids like a big X (one down
the middle column & one down about half way through the page horizontally.
How do we get what we want without these lines?
--
Mo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not really sure if this is what you need, and you may wish to remove any
added lines that were added to solve the scrolling issue. In Excel 2007 you
can freeze the topmost row by selecting from the menu ribbon, |View, then in
the |Window group, |Freeze panes, |Freeze top row

If you've not added any "lines" you may be able to restore your view by
selecting from the menu ribbon, |View, then in the workbook views, |Normal.
What may appear depending on your font size and zoom level can be the line
denoting the page layout for your setup paper size.

If this does not answer your question you may wish to repost with additional
information.

"Mo" wrote:

We have a previous version of an Excel file that had the top 2 lines of the
spreadsheet stationery where the rest scrolled. We now uploaded the file to
our new computer with Office 2007 & can't figure out how to get the
additional sheets we added to do the same. When we got it to work (we
thought), we ended up with lines showing on the grids like a big X (one down
the middle column & one down about half way through the page horizontally.
How do we get what we want without these lines?
--
Mo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mo Mo is offline

It is the top 2 rows that need to stay stationery. It's when we try to make
the top 2 that we get the line.
--
Mo

"Mo" wrote:

We have a previous version of an Excel file that had the top 2 lines of the
spreadsheet stationery where the rest scrolled. We now uploaded the file to
our new computer with Office 2007 & can't figure out how to get the
additional sheets we added to do the same. When we got it to work (we
thought), we ended up with lines showing on the grids like a big X (one down
the middle column & one down about half way through the page horizontally.
How do we get what we want without these lines?
--
Mo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On the Ribbon Click on View tab
Then in Workbook Views click Normal
Place cursor in cell A3 - then in Window area of the Ribbon click the little
arrow head by Freeze Panes then from the drop down window select Freeze
Panes.
Your top two rows should be "Frozen". You will get a line across the screen
below row 2 this is the way Excel denotes where the screen is frozen.

"Mo" wrote:

We have a previous version of an Excel file that had the top 2 lines of the
spreadsheet stationery where the rest scrolled. We now uploaded the file to
our new computer with Office 2007 & can't figure out how to get the
additional sheets we added to do the same. When we got it to work (we
thought), we ended up with lines showing on the grids like a big X (one down
the middle column & one down about half way through the page horizontally.
How do we get what we want without these lines?
--
Mo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mo Mo is offline

Now that this is working, how can this area be set to always print. We need
to be able to select a different set of rows weekly but always want that 2
line header to always print. Does this make sense?
--
Mo

"Mo" wrote:

That worked. THanks much!