Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jul3s

Default Sort names and e-mails from one column

Hi

Just wondering if any could help me with a problem I have sorting names
and e-mails from one column.

I have an excel spreadsheet and in column A it has a list of names and
e-mail addresses. I need to split them into 2 columns emails in one
names in another for importing into another program. Is this possible?
The emails are all odd and the names even if this helps.

A B C
1. email
2. name
3. email
4. name
5. email
6. name

Thx in advance for any help.

--
jul3s
jul3s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29516

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

here's a thought:

Put this formula in B1: =A2

Copy B1: B2
Select cells down column B as far as you need
Press [Enter] to paste those formulas

Now you should have formulas in cells B1, B3, B5,...etc

Now, select the whole range
DataFilterAutoFilter
Click the dropdown on Col_B and select Non-blanks

Now, copy those visible cells
Select a blank worksheet
EditPaste SpecialValues

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jul3s

You are a star :) :)

--
jul3s
jul3s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29516
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492171

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Danny@Kendal

"jul3s" wrote in
message ...

Hi

Just wondering if any could help me with a problem I have sorting names
and e-mails from one column.

I have an excel spreadsheet and in column A it has a list of names and
e-mail addresses. I need to split them into 2 columns emails in one
names in another for importing into another program. Is this possible?
The emails are all odd and the names even if this helps.

A B C
1. email
2. name
3. email
4. name
5. email
6. name

I hope the following is of some help.

In B1 enter the following formula
=IF(INT(ROW()/2)<ROW()/2,A2,"")
In C1 enter the following formula
=IF(INT(ROW()/2)<ROW()/2,"KEEP","DELETE")

Fill down column B and C then, while both columns are still selected, copy
then 'paste special' the values to lock them in place.

Next sort on column C and delete all the rows which contain "DELETE" in
column C.
Tidy up by deleting column C.

If you have the Analysis ToolPak installed you can use ISODD(ROW()) instead
of INT(ROW()/2)=ROW()/2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

With your list in column A...........
Put this in B1 and copy down...it returns names only
=IF(ISERR(FIND("@",A1,1)),A1,"")
Put this in C1 and copy down...it returns emails only
=IF(ISERR(FIND("@",A1,1)),A1,"")
Copy PasteSpecial Values on Columns B and C
Then delete cell C1 moving cells in column C up one, aligning names and
emails.....

sort to remove the blank rows if desired

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3