Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LJoe

Default Index/ Match Formula

In my index/ match formula, what does the A3= reference. My sheets are set
up this way:
Sheet 1
A B C D E F
Market Prod Type List $ Dist$ Markup New List$

Sheet 2
A B C D
Market Prod Type List% Dist%
100% 80%
INDEX('Price Reference'!D3:D200,MATCH(1,(A3='Price
Reference'!A3:A200)*('Price Reference'!B3:B200)))

I want whatever can be substituted for A3 to match the Market/ Prod Type in
a range A1:A200. I am hoping the A3 is doing that, but I think it is just
referencing the one cell.

Thank you Dave Peterson for helping me with the formula and thank you in
advance for your answers!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It is matching A3 against the array of values in Price Reference A3:A200,
and if the equivalent cell in B is not 0, it returns the value in C.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips