BKW

Default How do I calculate and display ratio ( format 3.5:2)

I'm trying to calculate a ratio then print the ratio in a report. The format
I want to use is 4.5:1.
Dave Peterson

Always :1?

If yes, give it a custom format of:
General":1"

--

Dave Peterson
BKW

"BKW" wrote:

I'm trying to calculate a ratio then print the ratio in a report. The format
I want to use is 4.5:1.

Thanks for your response Dave, but when I try what you suggest quotes are
generated like this "General Number:1" instead of what I entered which was
General Number":1". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dave Peterson

I copied this:
General":1"

and pasted into the custom format box and it worked fine.

But I didn't notice the info in the subject of your post. I don't think my
suggestion will work.

BKW wrote:

"BKW" wrote:

I'm trying to calculate a ratio then print the ratio in a report. The format
I want to use is 4.5:1.

Thanks for your response Dave, but when I try what you suggest quotes are
generated like this "General Number:1" instead of what I entered which was
General Number":1". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

See Dave's post for proper syntax

General":1" (no "number")

Note: this will only work for your number:1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP