JackRnl

Default Second serie doesn't use X-as values

I created a chart on a worksheet and defined the X-ax (Category Xax
label =Position!$G$4:$G$42) and the first serie (Values
=Position!$O$4:$O$42). Everything looks OK.
Now I add another serie (Values =Position!$P$4:$P$42) and although this
line should be straight it doesn't.
If I select the first serie in the chart both the ranges for the X-ax
(G) and the values (O) are marked on the worksheet.
If I select the second serie in the chart ONLY the range for the values
(P) has been marked.
Also , if I delete the first serie from the chart after selection it,
the values displayed for the X-ax in the chart are changed to 1...N
(where N is the number of points in the range for the "second" serie).

The values in range the X-ax (G) are NOT evenly distributed
(310,315,320,321,322,323,324,325,330,335,336,337,3 38,339,340,360,380 etc)
So to me it seems entering the second serie DOESN'T use the X-ax defined
but creates its own X-values for each point .

Does anyne know how I can actually use the defined X-ax
(Position!$G$4:$G$42) for ALL series?
Jon Peltier

Jack -

I suspect you've made a line chart, when you really needed an XY Scatter chart.
These articles have more information:

Scatter Chart or Line Chart?

X Axis: Category or Value?
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ValueAxis.html