Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brendanluc

Default How do I copy a graph and use the data in the new worksheet?

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format. I
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the data is
in the same place in each worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Copy the sheet with the chart. The chart points to the new sheet's data.
Copy a new set of data, and paste it over the data that the chart is
pointing to, and the chart will update.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Brendanluc" wrote in message
I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format. I
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the data
is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LADYBUG

Hi

i think you can just right clicknon the graph and then copy and paste as
normal

"Brendanluc" wrote:

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format. I
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the data is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Doing this maintains the links to the data for the original chart, which is
tedious to relink if you have more than one or two charts.

I showed Brendan an easier way to chart new data without having to redefine
the chart's links.

- Jon
-------

"Brendanluc" wrote:

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format. I
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the
data is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

For some reason I can't make this work. I copy the entire spredsheet with
embedded graphs, but it is till referencing the original sheet and not the
copy.

Helge

"Brendanluc" wrote:

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format. I
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the
data is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have the same problem now that I have Excell 2007. I can't copy a
worksheet with a graph and have the new sheet use the data on the new sheet
for the graph. When will there be a fix for this problem? Thanks Carl Gray

"Brendanluc" wrote:

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and
select
all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the
data is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have experienced this problem in some circumstances, but when asked about
it this morning I could not reproduce the error.

Stay tuned.

- Jon
-------

"Brendanluc" wrote:

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data
format.
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in
that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and
select
all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as
the
data is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing, and copying the sheet works fine for most
of the charts, but I'm having problems with some. The problem occurs with
some filled in radar charts. They have only one series in the original chart
plus axis labels. However, once the sheet is copied, the charts have two
series with the axis labels as the other series (and not as axis labels). How
do I stop excel from confusing axis labels with data points? Is is because
the labels are numbers? (The labels span 0-360 as they signify degrees in a
circle) It's really annoying because I have 30 of these charts on each sheet,
so changing each one individually would be a really boring task.

Thanks

Asa