Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hiding rows depending on the date

I have some hidden rows that I would like to become visible on january 1st.
I will not be available to manually unhide the data. Can I (you!) write a
formula that will unhide my data on January 1st? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a similar question. Is there a way to automatically hide rows based
on a comparison of the date in each row's first cell and the current date? I
do not want to delete these rows (some users will want to access them
occasionally), but since they are old I also do not want them to show anymore.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Data Filter AutoFilter Custom AutoFilter Select date is less than
1/1/2007 OK

"Jan Buckley" wrote:

I have some hidden rows that I would like to become visible on january 1st.
I will not be available to manually unhide the data. Can I (you!) write a
formula that will unhide my data on January 1st? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you not got an option labelled (Custom ...), occurring 3rd in the
dropdown list, after (All) and (Top 10...)? What version of Excel are you
using?
--
David Biddulph