Default The $ thing to lock cells at rows or columns

Hi group,

I do know how manually modify the content of a cell
so that when "pulling it" to autocomplete into further
rows and columns one can lock either row or column.

Like =$I$10

It is rather cumbersome though getting the $ sign
where it must be. Once I knew a combination of keys
that fixed that for me, but I have forgotten.

And if one is optimistic enough to enter the $ sign
in the help search function one is in for a reminder
of who made this software.

So I have to ask you guys and girls. Is there still
a clever way to have the =$I$10, or has that been
discarded with the bathwater?

Lars
Stockholm