Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I link a cell outside a pivot table to one inside the table

I have a pivot table that users enter data outside the table that is
associated to data inside the table i.e. due dates are entered by users for
part numbers inside the table. The table needs to auto re-fresh and needs to
be sortable by data inside the table so when this is done I lose the
association to the data outside the table.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have been working on something similar to this using combo boxes. This
should work.
You can create a macro to accomplish this using the following code:
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields ("salesperson
name").CurrentPage = ActiveSheet.Range("G3").Value

When a user types a salesperson name into cell G3, or which ever you
specify, they can run the macro to update the pivot table. You can create a
button for them to click and assign the macro to that to make it easier on
the users.

Hope this helps

"GPGTDRVR" wrote:

I have a pivot table that users enter data outside the table that is
associated to data inside the table i.e. due dates are entered by users for
part numbers inside the table. The table needs to auto re-fresh and needs to
be sortable by data inside the table so when this is done I lose the
association to the data outside the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the GetPivotData function to extract data from a pivot
table. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures