Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Warwick Everett

Default Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

Hello.

I would like, if possible to set up an automatic link so that sales data
that I have on one sheet is automatically copied into a different sheet.

Is this possible and if so can anybody help me with some instructions please?
--
Regards, Warwick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tomeck

Maybe I don't understand your question, but can't you just set the cell in
sheet2 equal to the cell in sheet one you want duplicated?

='sheet1'!B3 where sheet1 is the name of the first sheet and B3 is the cell
reference.

"Warwick Everett" wrote:

Hello.

I would like, if possible to set up an automatic link so that sales data
that I have on one sheet is automatically copied into a different sheet.

Is this possible and if so can anybody help me with some instructions please?
--
Regards, Warwick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Allewyn

Here's what I do if it will help you:
Select the cell in the new sheet you want copied data to appear in.
Type = in that cell
Click the original sheet tab and selct the cell you want data copied from
Hit return
The copied data should appear in the new sheet. It will also carry any
changes from the original sheet.

"Warwick Everett" wrote:

Hello.

I would like, if possible to set up an automatic link so that sales data
that I have on one sheet is automatically copied into a different sheet.

Is this possible and if so can anybody help me with some instructions please?
--
Regards, Warwick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Warwick Everett

Thanks very much Tomeck.

That has worked. My understanding of Excel is very basic so being able to
seek help from people like yourself is very useful.

Happy Christmas
--
Regards, Warwick

"Warwick Everett" wrote:

Hello.

I would like, if possible to set up an automatic link so that sales data
that I have on one sheet is automatically copied into a different sheet.

Is this possible and if so can anybody help me with some instructions please?
--
Regards, Warwick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Warwick Everett

Thanks Allewyn.

I am an Excel novice so I really appreciate the help.
--
Regards, Warwick