Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 blank when opening existing file

This is a minor annoyance at best as it adds unnecessary mouse-clicks every
time I try to open an existing spreadsheet unless the Excel application is
already running.

I've recently upgraded to Excel 2007--I never had this issue with 2003. When
I open an existing spreadsheet, the application opens but the file does not
come up. If I click on the RIBBON, the spreadsheet appears as if it were
hidden; if I click on another window or ALT+TAB back and forth, the
spreadsheet appears. If Excel 2007 is already running when I open on a
spreadsheet it comes up fine.

I've gone through the Excel Options menus but have found nothing that might
refer to this issue. Any assistance you can provide on this would be greatly
appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Sound like a screen refresh problem. There are no options that I am aware
of in Excel which can be used to correct this behavior.

See if anyone else has useful suggestions.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Syrena" wrote:

This is a minor annoyance at best as it adds unnecessary mouse-clicks every
time I try to open an existing spreadsheet unless the Excel application is
already running.

I've recently upgraded to Excel 2007--I never had this issue with 2003. When
I open an existing spreadsheet, the application opens but the file does not
come up. If I click on the RIBBON, the spreadsheet appears as if it were
hidden; if I click on another window or ALT+TAB back and forth, the
spreadsheet appears. If Excel 2007 is already running when I open on a
spreadsheet it comes up fine.

I've gone through the Excel Options menus but have found nothing that might
refer to this issue. Any assistance you can provide on this would be greatly
appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found a solution to this problem, for future reference.

€¢ Go to your Control Panel, (click on Start then Click on Control Panel)
€¢ Click on Folder Options, then File Types,
€¢ scroll down to and select (DOC for Word files) or XLS (for Excel files),
€¢ click Advanced and select Open entry,
€¢ click the edit Button.
€¢ deselect "Use DDE"
€¢ append "%1" (include the quote marks) to the end of the application
command line,
€¢ Remove /dde if it is at the end of the command line
€¢ Then click on OK three times.