Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grd Grd is offline

Default Create a reference to a sheet that changes to todays date

Hi,

I have a formula that referst to a cell on particular sheet to get a result.
That sheets name is todays date. I add a new sheet with the new date and I
want my formula to change automatically to refer to the new sheet?

Heres an example of the formula that I currently have to change manually?

='14 Aug 2006'!C8

Is that possible to make the formula dynamic?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have to do this every day.

Thanks
Sandra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In a helper cell (say A1) put this formula:
=TEXT(TODAY(),"dd mmm yyyy")

Then use the following formula to access cell C8 in the tab who's name is
today's date (formatted "dd mmm yyyy"):
=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!C8")

Dave