Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dm dm is offline

Default how do i change the words from lower case to uppercase/capitals

I'd like to know the short cut keys to change the words I type from small
letters/lowercase to capital letters/uppercase.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the below formulas

A1 = "text"

'convert to upper case
B1 = UPPER(A1)

'convert to lower case
B1 = LOWER(A1)

'convert to proper case
B1 = PROPER(A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dm" wrote:

I'd like to know the short cut keys to change the words I type from small
letters/lowercase to capital letters/uppercase.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i change the words from lower case to uppercase/capital

Another way is to use VBA. Right click the sheet tabView Code and paste the
below code...Get back to workbook and try in that sheet..What ever you type
in will turn to upper case...

Target = UCase(Target)
End Sub

PS: If you dont find this working set the Security level to low/medium in
(Tools|Macro|Security). and retry after restarting the application.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Use the below formulas

A1 = "text"

'convert to upper case
B1 = UPPER(A1)

'convert to lower case
B1 = LOWER(A1)

'convert to proper case
B1 = PROPER(A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dm" wrote:

I'd like to know the short cut keys to change the words I type from small
letters/lowercase to capital letters/uppercase.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

To do it as you type and to prevent any formula you type being converted to
values try this

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
End Sub