Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kell2604

Default How to auto update a cell with a current date

I have a spreadsheet which is tracking office issues and has multiple rows.
What I am looking for is a way to have a cell auto update with the current
date and time when I update any cell within that row.

I know that I can use the Today() function - however this updates the entire
spreadsheet when it is opened. I am looking to only update the date in a
particular row - if I have made a change to another cell in that row.

Thanks for your help!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

I'm guessing you'll have to do this with VBA. I'd look at the
Worksheet_Change event macros first. Maybe someone else can give more info
on it.

"Kell2604" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which is tracking office issues and has multiple rows.
What I am looking for is a way to have a cell auto update with the current
date and time when I update any cell within that row.

I know that I can use the Today() function - however this updates the entire
spreadsheet when it is opened. I am looking to only update the date in a
particular row - if I have made a change to another cell in that row.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

Hi Kell,

did you try copy and paste special values for the dates before today?

use the today() function and before close the wb, copy and paste special

HTH
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo