Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linked Spreadsheets - Preventing Access to Source Sheet

I have created a source spreadsheet and a linked one which relates
back to the information in the source. I don't want any amendments to
be made to the linked sheet so I have protected everything in there,
code, etc. but I also don't want people to be able to see certain
parts of the sheet so have set the autofilter in the linked workbook
sheet.

However, people can still double click on cells in the linked sheet
which brings up a message telling them to unprotect the sheet (which
they can't do), but then opens the source file anyway and allows them
to see everything. I notice that they can also go into the Links menu
and open source from there.

How do I disable the ability to actually open the source document
either from the menu or by double clicking?

Help gratefully appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

for the code protection, you can password protect it so that any user that
tries to open the code will be prompted for the password.

hope this helps,
-chad