Graham Poole

Default removing automatic link

I have tried this but the macro gave no response. I didn't knowingly place a
link in the wb and I don't know where it is. I have tried replacing the
source with another wb having a specific string in each cell and then looking
for the string. I couldn't find it.

I have enabled macros. What response is the macro supposed to give.

"Billing goddess" wrote:

Thank you, David, you're directions were great and it worked just fine!

Paula

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Before or after installing it ?

To install first unzip the file into a folder. If you don't have a program
to unzip then you can get one free for home use here
http://www.ultimatezip.com

There will probably be instructions, if not, Tools, Addins, but you will have an .xla file
which you can install by going to Tools, Addins, Browse button
to locate your addin. If you put your addin in one of the folders indicated in
the help for the the Browse button is would already be listed, check the box
and your addin is installed.

I believe the initial find is set up for #REF! which is a broken link
print appropriate button. I think there is the ability to look at a summary
listing rather than anwering to delete each link or not as encountered.

---
HTH,

"Billing Goddess" <Billing wrote in message
Thank you, but I am not sure how this add in works? Can you assist?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following add-in to find/delete links:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount...e=FindLink.zip

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office 2000...

Ken Wright

Try looking in any named ranges you have. On a blank worksheet do Insert /
Name / Paste List and see if the link is in there. This will list all the
named ranges you have, along with the references.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks

can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office

2000...

Ken Wright

Chart ranges (ie the source data) is also another place that those damn
links can hide.

If it really winds you up then by all means fire me over a copy of the
workbook and i'll find it for you - need to take the NOSPAM out of my email
addy.

--

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks

can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office

2000...

Graham Poole

Thanks for the reply, Ken, not to mention your offer. In fact, the Paste
option is greyed out. I thought maybe it was to do with locked cells, so I
went to Tools/Options and, Lo and Behold, there was "Find Links"!!!! I had no
inkling it would have been placed there. The macro then ran perfectly and
found my link. Strange that it didn't work from Add-ins/ Find-Delete Link.
Perhaps it's not even the same macro.

Cheers,

Graham

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks

can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office

2000...

Gord Dibben

Graham

When FindLinks.xla is installed and Find-Delete Links is checked in Add-ins,
the add-in places a menu item "Findlinks" on the Tools menu.

Not the ToolsOptions menu.

Most add-ins do not work directly from ToolsAdd-ins. When checked(loaded)
they will place a menu item or Toolbar from which you select the operation.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks

can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office

2000...

Ken Wright

LOL - and the first thing I would have done had Graham sent me the workbook
would have been to run Findlink :-)

--

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Try looking in any named ranges you have. On a blank worksheet do

Insert /
Name / Paste List and see if the link is in there. This will list all

the
named ranges you have, along with the references.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

---
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission

:-)

---

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov.

2001]
Search Page:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two

workbooks
can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you

can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office
2000...

SMac

I downloaded the findlinks.xla and added it to my Add-ins list and couldn't
find how to "run" it, even read the help menu which wasn't much help.
Then I read where Graham found it under Tools/Options so I looked there, I
found it under Tools but directionally under "Options".

I just wanted to say this works great, I had 2 spreadsheets I needed to use
this on.

P.S.
This newsgroup is great!

Billing goddess wrote:
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks

can
be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can
remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office

2000...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dummies isn't any good

Just want to say thanks for this info, it really helped me out and will stop
much moaning coming my way!