John Taylor

Default Why Does Date Format Change on Chart

Hello,

I'm using Excel 97 SR-2 on a Windows XP machine with the date format under
Regional Settings set to dd/mm/yyyy.

I have a simple line chart (on a chart sheet) drawing data (date on X-axis
and data on Y-axis) from three different worksheets, and am experiencing a
problem with the dates on it randomly changing format from dd/mm/yyyy to
m/d/yyyy. This is despite the fact that the dates in the worksheets are in
dd/mm/yyyy format, and I have formatted the chart X-axis in that format
also. Interestingly, if I click from the chart to one of the worksheets
then back to the chart, the dates "correct" themselves (ie, show in
dd/mm/yyyy format again).

If anyone can provide an explanation, and preferably a 'fix', I would love
to hear it.

TIA

Regards,

John