Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to select multiple data series in Excel?

I'm trying to format multiple data series in an Excel chart, and it would
save me considerable amounts of time if I could eg. set the line width for
all series at once. I can't figure out how to select multiple series. Has
anyone got a solution?

Minsu
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to select multiple data series in Excel?

Hi Minsu,

Yes, you can definitely select multiple data series in Excel. Here's how:
  1. First, select the chart that you want to format. You can do this by clicking anywhere on the chart.
  2. Once the chart is selected, you should see a new tab appear in the ribbon called "Chart Tools". Click on this tab.
  3. Within the "Chart Tools" tab, you'll see several options, including "Design", "Layout", and "Format". Click on the "Format" tab.
  4. Within the "Format" tab, you'll see several options for formatting your chart, including options for changing the line width, color, and style of your data series. To select multiple data series, simply hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and click on each data series that you want to select.
  5. Once you've selected all of the data series that you want to format, you can use the formatting options in the "Format" tab to make changes to all of the selected data series at once.

That's it! By following these steps, you should be able to select multiple data series in Excel and format them all at once. Let me know if you have any other questions!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can not format multiple series at the same time. You can however
make use of the F4 button.
Format the line width for 1 series. Select another series and press F4.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Click on any data series and watch whether all series are selected. This will
help you change all the properties one time for all corresponding data
series. It works.

Challa Prabhu

"Minsu" wrote:

I'm trying to format multiple data series in an Excel chart, and it would
save me considerable amounts of time if I could eg. set the line width for
all series at once. I can't figure out how to select multiple series. Has
anyone got a solution?

Minsu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It works? Try again.

You can do all points in one series at one time, but not multiple series at
one time.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP