Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Ben is offline

Default Bypassing a proxy server

Hello,

I have an Excel spreadsheet which updates cells from an internal webserver.
I am having an issue with the proxy server settings for the spreadsheet. I
have set the proxy server settings to bypass the proxy server for all
internal addresses. This however does not allow me to update the spreadsheet
with the values from the webserver. If I explicitly add the IP addresses of
the webservers into the bypass proxy list I can successfully update the
spreadsheet.

My question is how does Excel use the proxy server settings as defined
within Internet Explorer? I would like to be able to use the spreadsheet
without having to explicitly define the IP addresses in the proxy bypass.
Does anyone know how I could achieve this?

Many thanks,

Ben.