Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Workbook protected itself?? 2007

I have a workbook with several worksheets that I've never protected. Today
when I opened the file it and attempted to rename a worksheet it says
"Workbook is protected and cannot be changed". I I try to enter a time into a
cell, I don't get the error message, but it doesn't accept my data. I don't
even know how to protect a workbook. Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like you have both workbook and worksheet protected.

On Ribbon go to ReviewProtect Workbook.

Uncheck "Protect Structure and Windows"

ReviewUnProtect Worksheet

You may need passwords if someone else was playing with your workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP