Bob

Default Merging cells in Excel 2003

I have Excel sheets created in Excel 2000. They have merged cells. When I
load one of these sheets in Excel 2003 the merge cells box, on the format
menu, is greyed out so it cannot be used. Merging cells on an Excel 2003
sheet presents no problem. How can I merge, or un-merge, cells from one of
the Excel 2000 sheets in Excel 2003?
Jim Rech

I had no such problem going from Excel 2000 to 2003. Are you sure something
else isn't involved? For instance if the workbook is shared you cannot
unmerge cells.

--
Jim