Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SP3 for Excel kills Add-ins

For 10 years I have been selling add-ins for Excel. Now when SP3 for Office
2003 is installed all the add-ins return 0. (A subscriber pointed this out to
me. I have also now experienced it for myself.)

I used the Excel SDK to write these add-ins so I am guessing that everyone
must have the same problem. They work perfectly in Office 2003 without SP3
and in Office Excel.

MS has provided what they state is a workaround in their Knowledge Base
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938814/en-us ). However, their instructions
do not match what I see on my computer.

In any case, I cannot ask people who purchase my software to follow these
steps.
--
Valuenow