Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
charlie

Default Paste special treats cells as a picture

I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but
whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function
treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special
popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different
popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object."
It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list
of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture
of the other file on the new one. I talked to someone else at work with a
new computer, and they have the same issue.
I've looked around, but I can't find any way to get it to stop doing this.
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Make sure both workbooks are open in the same instance of excel.

Open the first and file|open the second.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi Charlie. I have Excel 2003 and only get the picture options when I hold
down the shift key when I click on the Edit menu. Any chance you're doing
that?
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin