Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT

Default Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Plng.

I downloaded the loan amortization schedule from the help function in Excel.
The template uses a condition in its IF formulas that requires a number of
cells be populated in order for the formula to run through its calculation.
An example is =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") where cells d5-d7 and d9 had to
be populated or the cell is left blank. Was wondering how that is set up
where the IF formula looks to those cells to verify that there is data.
Also, "Values_Entered" does not appear in the drop box for the range names.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

Their process seems reasonable to me.

What is your question?

Fred

"SJT" wrote in message
I downloaded the loan amortization schedule from the help function in Excel.
The template uses a condition in its IF formulas that requires a number of
cells be populated in order for the formula to run through its calculation.
An example is =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") where cells d5-d7 and d9 had to
be populated or the cell is left blank. Was wondering how that is set up
where the IF formula looks to those cells to verify that there is data.
Also, "Values_Entered" does not appear in the drop box for the range names.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT

Default Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Pl

I agree. Seems completely reasonable. I was just wondering how they set up
the condition that the cells I indicated must be populated in order for the
IF formula to make a calculation. In another words, in the formula
=IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") how do they set the "values_entered" condition?
Let me know if this isn't clear. Normally, I would just set the condition
to say something like =if(and(a0,b0,c0,a1+b1,""). Their way seems easier
just not sure how they did it. Thanks for your response.

"SJT" wrote in message
I downloaded the loan amortization schedule from the help function in Excel.
The template uses a condition in its IF formulas that requires a number of
cells be populated in order for the formula to run through its calculation.
An example is =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") where cells d5-d7 and d9 had to
be populated or the cell is left blank. Was wondering how that is set up
where the IF formula looks to those cells to verify that there is data.
Also, "Values_Entered" does not appear in the drop box for the range names.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bearacade

Look in Insert Name Define

=IF(Loan_Amount*Interest_Rate*Loan_Years*Loan_Star t0,1,0)

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=553822

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SJT wrote:
I agree. Seems completely reasonable. I was just wondering how they set up
the condition that the cells I indicated must be populated in order for the
IF formula to make a calculation.

Yes, I thought your question was stated clearly the first time.

In another words, in the formula
=IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") how do they set the "values_entered" condition?
Let me know if this isn't clear. Normally, I would just set the condition
to say something like =if(and(a0,b0,c0,a1+b1,""). Their way seems easier
just not sure how they did it.

You said that Values_Entered did not appear in a drop-down list of
ranges. But did you look at Insert Names Define?

I have not looked at the template you refer to, but when I looked at
one such template some time ago, I believe that is where I found some
magic variable names and their association.

As for how to do that yourself, click on Insert Names Define, enter
the formula in the Refers To field as you would in a cell (you probably
want absolute cell references), enter a name in the Names field, then
click on Add.