Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linkage problem

I have one spreadsheet which is linked to many. All of a sudden one
spreadsheet will not link. when I try, it pops up with the place where all of
my files are kept or all the way back into "my documents". I have saved both
as the same Excel type.
This has never happened before.
Any ideas?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007, look here

Office Button - Excel Options - Advanced

Scroll down to GENERAL

Click on the WebOptions button

Click on the Files Tab and deselect UPDATE LINKS ON SAVE.

This will prevent this issue on your machine moving forward, but it won't
prevent it if other machines edit the workbook.

If you have code in the workbook, you can add something (that I can't
remember) to the workbook_Open code to make sure that it's turned off for all
users if the macros are enabled.
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt