Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default phone number format

Dear Experts,
I have one column with 4424 rows represents customer's phone numbers
as follow.
971-4-5735403
How can I know if the last part (5735403) contains seven digits only?
Many thanks in advance
Omar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have one column with 4424 rows represents customer's phone numbers
as follow.
971-4-5735403
How can I know if the last part (5735403) contains seven digits only?
Many thanks in advance

I just answered this in another newsgroup that you posted to. Which one? Ah,
that is the problem when one multi-posts instead of cross-posting.

Please consider the following...

From a post by Jeff Johnson:

"You have posted this question individually to multiple groups.
This is called Multi-posting and it's BAD. Replies made in one
group will not be visible in the other groups, which may cause
multiple people to respond to your question with the same answer
because they didn't know someone else had already done it. This
is a waste of time.

If you MUST post your message to multiple groups, post a single
message and select all the groups (or type their names manually
in the Newsgroups field, separated by commas) in which you want
it to be seen. This is called Cross-posting and when used properly
it is GOOD."

Some additional comment previously posted by me:

"You may not see this as a problem, but those of us who volunteer
answering questions on newsgroups do see it as a problem. You can't
imagine how annoying it is for a volunteer to read a question,
research background material, test sample code and then formulate
and post an answer to the original question only to go to another
newsgroup and find the question posted and ALREADY answered over
there. On top of that, if you cross-post your question, all of the
readers in all the newsgroups it is cross-posted to see both the
original question and all of the answers given to it. This is
beneficial to you because then we can add additional material to,
add clarification to, as well as add additional examples to an
answer you have received previously... that means you end up with
a more complete solution to your problem. This is a win-win
situation for all of us."

Rick