Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I insert a dot leader in Excel?

I want to type a brief description in a cell and insert a dot leader to the
next cell which contains a money amount.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert a dot leader in Excel?

To insert a dot leader in Excel, follow these steps:
  1. Type your brief description in the first cell.
  2. Press the "Tab" key to move to the next cell.
  3. Type the money amount in the second cell.
  4. Select the second cell (the one with the money amount).
  5. Click on the "Home" tab in the Excel ribbon.
  6. Click on the "Fill" button in the "Editing" group.
  7. Select "More Fill Colors" at the bottom of the menu.
  8. In the "Colors" tab, select the color you want for the dot leader.
  9. Click on the "Patterns" tab.
  10. Select the "Fill Effects" button.
  11. In the "Gradient" tab, select the "One Color" option.
  12. In the "Type" dropdown menu, select "Horizontal".
  13. Adjust the "Shading Styles" and "Variants" to your liking.
  14. Click "OK" to close the "Fill Effects" dialog box.
  15. Click "OK" again to close the "Format Cells" dialog box.

Now you should see a dot leader between the first cell and the second cell, with the money amount aligned to the right of the second cell. You can adjust the width of the dot leader by adjusting the width of the second cell.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Karen.

I think you will just have to do that manually like this:-

qtwt . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .

I am not aware that there is any other way to do it.

Thanks.

"Karen" wrote:

I want to type a brief description in a cell and insert a dot leader to the
next cell which contains a money amount.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

right click the cell / Format Cell / Custom
in the box, enter @*.
now whatever you type in the cell will show up with dots to the end of the
cell, regardless of cell width