Dawn Boot-Bunston

Default Formula to calculate only the negative numbers

Hi Again,

This time I won't be attaching a workbook...I apologize again for my earlier
post. I have another inquiry....this time I need to create a formula that
will calculate only the -negative numbers found within a column. Is this
possible?

--
Dawn Boot-Bunston, CAIB
IS Support

Myrna Larson

YOu don't need to attach a workbook, and very probably nobody will open it if
you do, because of the risk of viruses.

What do you mean by "calculate"? If it's SUM or COUNT, use SUMIF or COUNTIF.
If it's some other calculation, please explain. You may need a SUMPRODUCT or
array formula.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:09:32 -0700, "Dawn Boot-Bunston"
wrote:

Hi Again,

This time I won't be attaching a workbook...I apologize again for my earlier
post. I have another inquiry....this time I need to create a formula that
will calculate only the -negative numbers found within a column. Is this
possible?

Dawn Boot-Bunston

Thank you VERY much, Peter! This works perfectly!
"peter" wrote in message
Try this...
=SUMIF(E8:E13,"<0",E8:E13)
peter
This time I won't be attaching a workbook...I apologize

again for my earlier
post. I have another inquiry....this time I need to

create a formula that
will calculate only the -negative numbers found within a

column. Is this
possible?

--
Dawn Boot-Bunston, CAIB
IS Support
Renfrew Thompson Insurance Ltd.
V. 7.1.1; 91 users; Office 2000; Win2K Pro

.

Gord Dibben

Dawn

=SUMIF(D1:D100,"<0",D1:D100)

Alternative....

=SUMIF(D:D,"<0",D:D)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

Hi Again,

This time I won't be attaching a workbook...I apologize again for my earlier
post. I have another inquiry....this time I need to create a formula that
will calculate only the -negative numbers found within a column. Is this
possible?

Dana DeLouis

Just to mention. The 3rd option is assumed if it's the same range.

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0")

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis