Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why are my header & footer overlapping text?

The Header is printing within the lettered rows above my columns and the
footer is printing inside the text itself. I am using excel for my chart.
Please help. Thanks

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why are my header & footer overlapping text?

It sounds like the header and footer settings in your Excel chart may need to be adjusted. Here are some steps you can take to fix the issue:
  1. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the Excel ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Page Setup" button in the lower right corner of the "Page Setup" section.
  3. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Header/Footer" tab.
  4. Check to see if there is any text in the "Header" or "Footer" sections that may be causing the overlap. If so, you can delete or adjust the text to make sure it fits within the designated header and footer areas.
  5. You can also adjust the margins of the chart by clicking on the "Margins" tab in the "Page Setup" dialog box. This may help to create more space for the header and footer text.
  6. Once you have made any necessary adjustments, click "OK" to save your changes.

Hopefully these steps will help you to fix the issue with your header and footer overlapping text in your Excel chart. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In print setup check placement of top and bottom margins and header and
footer margins.

Adjust so's header and footer are above and below top and bottom margins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP