Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Cell Width WITHOUT changing Column width

Is it possible to change the width of a single cell without changing the
Width of the entire column that the cell is in?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Location: Bakersfield, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to JBeaucaire[_85_]

No, you cannot change the width of a single cell, that's a concept many Word
"table" users would love to have. But it would create far more problems than
benefits.

If you would like the contents of a cell to display across more cells, I
also suggest you RESIST the urge to use the "merge cells" function, since
that inhibits a lot of other useful Excel functions, too.

Best solution is to highlight the cell and the cells to the right you want
to include, and select FORMAT CELLS ALIGNMENT HORIZONTAL Center
Across Selection.

Is that something you can work with?
--
"Actually, I AM a rocket scientist." -- JB